Join now

Amateur Singers wanted for THE NORDIC PROJECT (Boston)

I am part of a Nordic vocal ensemble, Stämbandet. We sing some far out and very cool stuff in Danish, Swedish, Icelandic, Norwegian, and Finnish. Tight harmonies, captivating melodies are characteristic. This spring we are doing an experiment. We are offering other singers a chance to sing with us for one concert - we are calling this THE NORDIC PROJECT.

If you have not sung repertoire from the "North", you will not forget this experience. If you have, you know what it is. No, you don't have to speak any of the above languages. You just have to have some experience part-singing.

SCHEDULE
Participants are required to attend at least two of three scheduled rehearsals, held at the United Parish of Auburndale, 64 Hancock Street, Newton, Massachusetts (Riverside Green Line T-stop). Ample parking is available. Rehearsals take place from 7pm to 9.30pm:
1) Sunday, April 24
2) Sunday, May 1
3) Sunday, May 8 (note this is Mothers day)

The concert is May 15, Protected content the United Parish of Auburndale, 64 Hancock Street, Newton, Massachusetts. Call time is 1pm, and the performance will be from 3pm to 5:30pm.

MUSIC
Selections for participating singers include:
Vísur Vatnsenda-Rósu (Iceland)
Dalakopen (Norway)
Kansansävelmä (Finland)
Vi vandrar fram bland baldersbrå (Sweden)
Stemning (Denmark)

The details are listed on our website, stambandet.org or nordicproject.bpt.me

Even if you do not live in the Boston area, if you are around between April 24 and May 15, Protected content , this could be a great way to spend Sunday evenings, laughing and enjoying good music.

You can also contact me for more details.

Åse Schwab

Boston Forum

Our Global Partners