Join now

Babysitter - Posting for a friend (Boston)

The posting below is for a friend looking for a babysitter, if you know anyone please contact her directly at Protected content

We are looking for a babysitter in Somerville (Winter Hill area) for two boys, ages 6 and 7 and occasionally my daughter Protected content spends most weekends with her dad). Part-time, 2 weekends per month that may eventually grow to a few full-day weekends down the line during the summer when I travel. We're looking for someone with whom we can build a relationship and rely on. You should be comfortable around pets, as we have two dogs. However, you won't be responsible for their care, just simply enjoy being around them (they are mostly in their crates). The kids are easy-going and enjoy video games, reading, Lego, arts/crafts, etc. Typical date nights are Friday/Saturday, two per month, and are generally from 9 p.m. to Protected content . Bedtime is at 8-8:30 pm, so the children will typically be in bed by the time you arrive (not always, though). For date nights, especially when the children are already asleep, I usually pay $10-$15/hr, although I am negotiable. Having your own transportation would also be helpful. Please do not apply if you are not available for (potential) full weekends during the summer months. We're looking for someone to start within a week or so and would like to meet before we commit to anything.

Boston Forum