Join now

Finding a job in 10 weeks, realistic? (Boston)

Hi everyone,

I am currently living in China, and will relocate to Boston in early October, as my American boyfriend and I decided to move closer to his family after 2 years in Shanghai.

I am native German, speaking fluent French and basic Chinese, with a double BA in Marketing and Event Mangement. I am currently working as Sales Manager for an International Marketing Agency in Shanghai.

I will arrive in Boston in early October visiting my boyfriends family for about 10 weeks to network and maybe get a job lined up. I was planning to go back home to Germany after that, getting a Work-Visa processed, as we don't want to get married quite yet.

Do you think finding a job in a time frame of 10 weeks is realistic? I learned that I have to find a job first as the new company has to apply for the visa.

Has anybody experience with the process? How long do I have to wait for the Visa to get processed in Germany?
Do companies even hire somebody, they have to process a Visa for? Of course I am willing to pay for all the nessecary fees, flights etc.

I am very insecure about our plan and would like to hear what other expat think.

Thanks.

Lisa

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Boston Forum