Join now

Job Hunting & Sponsorship In Boston

Hi all,

I am new to this website and my main reason for joining is to try and build up a network of potential links and tips for how to get a job in the Boston area.

A little about myself, I am English and I have been a teacher for the past 4 years. I teach French & Spanish to high school students in England. I am looking to move to Boston because my girlfriend is based there (she is American) and after doing the whole long-distance thing for two years, it is time to move.

I am not necessarily looking for a teaching position, just any opportunity that may help to get my foot in the door. I have applied to tons of schools in the Boston area over the past year, but to no avail. So this is my reason for broadening my horizons by searching for any job and anywhere to be honest.

I have also had meetings with the immigration officers in the building near City Hall. Unfortunately, they could only tell me what I've already read online.

Any form of practical advice would be hugely appreciated. Have you ever been in this predicament? Could you offer any guidance?

Many thanks in advance,