Sales Support / Order Mgmt Specialist / LOWELL (Boston)
We are looking for an enthusiastic inside sales/ order management specialist to join our team.
Performs sales order processing and administrative work for the operation of the Inside Sales Department. Coordinates the total worldwide delivery process of Fluid Analysis Equipment (Instrumentation, Spare Parts & Consumables).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Quotation and Order Management
- Initial screening of purchase orders & contract review / relay any red flags and issues to appropriate parties
- Assure export Compliance / ECCN code assessment / End customer and end destination review
- Work closely with Regional Sales Managers, Distributors, Field Reps/Agents to ensure the accuracy of the Delivery
Terms and Process. Request and facilitate update of wrong or missing information and relevant export documents
- Order acknowledgement and processing with complete shipping instructions standard for all shipments.
Managing and scheduling shipments or partial shipments to close and ship a complete order.
- Indirectly monitors all phases of shipping, to include crating and any special requirements / documents /certificates
- Accepts and prepares customer orders per the requirements of our ISO- Protected content System.
- Prepares Certificates as required - attested at Chamber of Commerce as needed.
- Attends Production / Sales Meetings and is prepared to report order status as required.
Documentation of all relevant information in company systems.
- Logs orders in both CRM (SalesForce.com) and ERP (Vista / Navision) systems
- Composes and types correspondence and quotations for parts and consumables as needed.
- Scans correspondence and other records for archiving.
Export Finance Process coordination
- Proactive cooperation with Finance-Team to grant a smooth payment process.
- Ensure all required documentation for payment terms are available
- Prepare Bank documents if required (L/C, guaranties, bid bonds, CAD)
- Work closely with Finance on payment terms status
Maintains customer and distributor communication.
- Ensures uninterrupted telephone coverage of the Inside Sales Team in cooperation with peers
- Contributes to Customer Experience by pro-active relationship management
- Assists with arrangements for meetings/training Sales Reps and Field Sales Reps on procedures as required.
- Acts as a conduit between customers, Reps and other AMETEK team functions related to Rep/Customer concerns to
clarify uncertainties or misunderstandings related to the order delivery process
- Contributes to customer relationship by executing regional and cultural sensitivity
Position is Salary Non-Exempt. Hours of 40 per week may be expected from time to time.
Other Duties and/or Projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college/university or technical school; or Protected content related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Fluent command of the English Language
Bi-lingual of second language required
Knowledge of international languages and cultures
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, Purchase Order Terms and Conditions, Import/Export Regulations by Country or governmental regulations. Ability to run reports, compose business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of the following office platforms strongly preferred: Microsoft Office Suite, customer relationship management systems (CRM: SalesForce.com), computerized order entry systems (ERP: Vista/Navision)
The following skills/abilities are helpful: familiarity with technical aspects of products; ability to work well under pressure and be flexible. Accuracy and the ability to plan and organize; knowledge of letters of credit. Familiar with import/export regulations and documentation requirements. Thorough familiarity of Incoterms Protected content / or revenue recognition rules. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
The work environment c