Student advisor job for Portuguese speaker (Boston)
Language International is looking for a motivated and talented student advisor to join us and advise our students from Portuguese speaking countries. These students register on our Portuguese and Brazilian website, and your responsibility is to make their booking experience with us exceptional and to help them book the best language course.
We do (humbly) think that Language International is a cool place to work. Our team is a diverse mixture in everything from cultural backgrounds and languages spoken to taste in music and clothes. But, there is one thing that binds us all: a drive to excel at what we do. We'll do whatever it takes to deliver the best language course search experience, even if it means staying up to call a customer or responding to customers' emails on weekends. We work in an intense, fast-paced environment, relying on every member of the team to carry their share.
Don't worry, we don't take ourselves too seriously. Whether it's showing off our culinary skills during team cooking events, showcasing our hidden genius in impromptu talent shows over catered lunch, or rehearsing the train dance during our summer party cruise or weekend party in Vermont, we love to have a good time together!
We have developed a passion for our team, product, and customers that is paralleled by none. If you're excited about helping people learn new languages, want your coworkers to feel like family, and love to be challenged by working alongside the very best, then Language International is the place for you.
Your specific responsibilities include:
- Reaching out to students who register on our website -- by email and phone -- in a prompt, clear and helpful manner
- Following up with every single student to make sure all their questions are answered
- Preparing and sending invoices to the student
- Helping students resolve issues before, during, and after their course
- Driving quality and efficiency in everything you do by identifying areas for improvement on an ongoing basis
We are looking for someone who's hungry to succeed and excited to make a meaningful impact on the company's revenues (paper-pushers looking for a relaxed 9 to 5 job need not apply). We'd love to hear from you if you meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- You have graduated from college and have done at least two internships in an office setting
- You are bilingual in English and Portuguese (an additional language or two are a plus)
- You have lived/ studied abroad for at least six months and are excited about international education
- You're talented, hardworking, and want to have an impact
- You're very computer-savvy and have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You enjoy speaking with people on the phone
You'll be working hard for sure, but you'll also learn a tremendous amount and get to experience the joys and challenges of working in a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial Internet company.
If you are excited about this opportunity (and we hope you are), please take a moment to get to know us by visiting Protected content . Then send a resume and a thoughtful cover letter (canned responses will be trashed right away) to info [at] languageinternational.com.