Customer Service Representative (Dutch & German) (Brighton)
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
EMEA European Operations Collections is part of Global Credit Administration. This team is a back office unit dealing with all enquiries and requests for information from internal departments, outside collections agencies, cardmembers and solicitors in accordance with European Collections SLA’s with regards to CCI and CC6 accounts and services the EMEA markets (UK, Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Spain & Netherlands)
We are looking for either a fluent Dutch speaker or a German speaker who has a working knowledge of the Dutch language.
· Protected content with all enquiries and requests for information including copy of applications, statements, rocs and T&C’s received from internal departments, outside collections agencies, card members and solicitors in accordance with European Collections SLA’s with regards to CCI and CC6 accounts
· Protected content and distributing department incoming and outgoing daily mail, batching and preparing for scanning
· Protected content with and referring out all the EMEA mail received in Collections related to Bankruptcy/IVA/DRO cases prioritising cases according to creditor meetings deadline
· Protected content Bankruptcy, IVA, DRO, Deceased, Financial Difficulties and Short Settlements are coded to outside collections agencies/solicitors on a timely basis, according to Portfolio & Profitability strategies and matrices, Data Protections rules and other markets specific legislations
· Protected content Short Settlements accounts are shelf coded and MOBIS and Database update Ensuring Bankruptcy, IVA, DRO, Deceased, Financial Difficulties and Short Settled accounts balance are accelerated to W/OFF where relevant and details tracked and DTB’s update. Analysing problems for potential issues with the VA & highlighting them accordingly
· Protected content additional adhoc offline responsibilities.
· Protected content with strong organisational skills
· Protected content focus on attention to detail
· Protected content to learn new skills and expand knowledge
· Protected content a positive attitude to change
· Protected content strong can do attitude and a willingness to flex between roles
· Protected content team player
· Protected content good level of computer literacy is also required
· Protected content minimum of 2 European languages including English and Dutch/German is essential based on business needs
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on Protected content or Protected content .