Join now

Bulimba State School? (Brisbane)

Hello Everyone,

We will be moving to Brisbane ...yay !
My husband is there now, me and the children will join him next year June.
Currently the Hamilton/Clayfield area or the Bulimba/Hawthorne area are of interest to us, he will work in CBD. We know of a family who sent their child to St Margerets School and they have given us a good review of the school. However we do not know anyone who went to the private school in Bulimba/Hawthorne area (St. Paul's I think), we do know the waiting list is very very long for this school so it is very unlikely our girls will get into the school ... Hence ... My query, we have been advised to send our daughter to Bulimba State School. Anyone with any information, would love to hear it.

My eldest is 6yrs old (turning 7 in May Protected content . She currently attends a state school that performs better then the private schools here and whose performance is much higher than the national average. Academically my daughter is pretty much there. Socially, she is the one making the most noise in the playground, she has a great sense of humour and has thirty children to her birthday parties (I Know!) However she is not as strongly opinionated and is quite a sensitive child. She is not great lover of sport games but loves gymnastics and street dance.

Little is 3.

Would she be ok in Bulimba State School?

Again, all information is much appreciated.

Thank You,
Ahfia :)

Brisbane Forum

Our Global Partners