Hi to all expats & natives living and working in Brisbane,
Recently I have received a formal offer from a well known oil and gas company based in Brisbane. The position is sponsored; therefore I will enter with the family on a Protected content . Both my wife and I have researched Brisbane in detail, however, I would like to post a few questions relating to areas of convenience for an expat family, with child Protected content comfortably live and socialise, more so, schooling and easy commute (30mins) in to Brisbane (George Street).
I have worked in many a country for Oil & Gas companies, where accommodation and schooling are supplied by the company. Of course, we have our general concerns, thus, I/ we would appreciate any feedback or experiences;
• Using local agents to find suitable accommodation.
• Recommending agents.
• Best areas to live for expat family
• I have a rental budget ($550-$800pw), hopefully will be able to rent Protected content house or large apartment.
• Primary school ( State or Private)
• New car purchase or second hand,
We will be heading out most probably by end of the year, any feedback or shared experiences (bad or good) are greatly appreciated.