Join now

Running in and around Bristol

I first discovered Internations just over one year ago while living in Istanbul; I met a great group of people who ran in the forest every Saturday morning. After the run we would meet for breakfast, the crowd was forever changing and it was a great way to get fit, meet people and start the weekend well (with a hearty breakfast!)

I thought I would post a little about running in Bristol for those of you that haven’t had chance or might feel a little shy getting out and about in this wonderful city!

Firstly there is Protected content

The Park Run takes place every Saturday morning at 9am and is free, you just have to sign up to the website to get your barcode then you can just turn up and run 5k. If you don’t have access to a printer don’t worry, you can write the number down and take it with you. Each run that you complete will be registered online where you can check your progress each week.

All abilities are welcome you just run at your own pace.

If we get enough Internations members interested we can meet for breakfast along North Street perhaps.

Secondly there is Protected content

Southville Running Club is a friendly group of mixed abilities and ages who just want to run with others in a more social, motivating environment.
Whether you just want a gentle jog around the harbourside or are up for a faster run with a measure of hills thrown in, then we should have a group for you.
We meet at 6.15pm for a 6.30pm start every Tuesday and Thursday at the Southbank Club, Dean Lane, BS3 1DB
A token fee of 50p is charged on a per run basis in order to pay for the hire of the room and facilities at the Southbank Club.
New runners are always welcome. Please check out our New Runners and About Us sections for more information.

I hope you found this information of use, if you have any questions there should be FAQs and detail on the respective websites.

If you can’t find what you are looking for message me and I’ll see if I can help

Andy

Bristol Forum

Our Global Partners