Join now

Call for participants - Women, mobility, education (Brussels)

You are an adult woman coming from a country outside the European Union ?
You arrived in Belgium after Protected content a family reunification procedure in order to join your husband/partner ?
You then decided to (re)enter higher education in a higher education institution in Belgium (university or graduate school) ?
You are interested in sharing your experience of mobility and higher education in Belgium ?

If that is the case, please do not hesitate to contact me !

My name is Sarah Smit and I am a PhD student in Sociology at the Catholic University of Louvain-la-Neuve (UCLouvain). I am currently undertaking a research project that focuses on the life trajectories and the educational/professional projects of adult women coming from countries outside the European Union who arrived in Belgium after Protected content order to join their husband/partner (Belgian or from another nationality) through a family reunification procedure and who then decided to undertake higher studies in Belgium (Master studies, Bachelor, MBA, etc.).

The purpose of this project is to have a better understanding of this phenomenon of going back to higher studies in the host country by mobile women/spouses in order to highlight the potential difficulties or constraints they encounter in a country like Belgium (recognition of previous diplomas, balance between study responsibilities and family life, access to the Belgian labour market, etc.).

To carry out this project, I am looking to get in touch with women meeting the few criteria listed above, who would agree to meet me and to share their experience of mobility and higher education in Belgium during interviews (confidential and anonymous).

If you meet these few criteria and if you are willing to share your experience with me, or if you which further information about my research project, please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail ( Protected content ) or by phone at Protected content . I will be very happy to answer to your questions!

If you know women meeting these criteria and who might be willing to share their story with me, do not hesitate to contact me or to circulate my call amongst them too!

I thank you very much in advance for your consideration and time.

Best regards,

Sarah Smit
Protected content
Protected content

Brussels Forum

Our Global Partners