Join now

Experienced multilingual human rights professional (Brussels)

Hi everyone,

I have lived in Brussels for almost 2 and a half years, working as a Secretary General/ Coordinator of the European Free Alliance Youth, an international youth political organization that promotes the cultural, linguistic and national diversity in Europe and advocates for the rights of minorities. My contract is ending in 2 months, therefore I am searching for a new, challenging job in the field of human rights, peace and conflict resolution, sustainable development, fair trade or intercultural dialogue and cooperation. Apart from English and Macedonian I speak fluently several other European languages: Spanish, Italian, Russian, Serbian and Croatian. I am in the process of learning French and Dutch.
I have two Master degrees, one in Peace, Conflict and Development studies (from the UNESCO Chair of Philosophy for Peace in Spain) and another one in Planning and Management of the Co-operation and Training Activities in Central-Eastern Europe and the Balkans (from the Universities of Padua and Trieste). My BA degree is in Russian language and literature and Italian language and literature.
Before coming to Brussels, I was mainly managing European projects for the Macedonian Center for International Cooperation in the field of local development, human rights and non-discrimination, gender equality, inter-ethnic and interreligious dialogue and cooperation.
I also worked for the Chamber of Commerce of Trieste (Italy) on a project aiming to support the development of the Balkans by providing relevant information to the small and medium Italian enterprises willing to invest in the Balkan countries and building contacts between the interested parties.
I would appreciate it a lot if you could recommend me organizations and companies in Belgium that work in the field of my interest or let me know if somebody is looking for a person with my profile. Any tips are welcomed! If you need more info on my background please feel free to send me an e-mail at: Protected content

Thank you in advance!

Brussels Forum