Dear IN friends and newcomers, how about having a nice moment, fun (and a drink before or after) at the roller parade?
I've just exchanged with new IN friends about this event and am convinced many about you would be pleased to come as well.
Here is the link: Protected content
We'd meet @ 7pm, Place Poelaert.
Check the website (link) @ 6pm to see if it is still going on.
In case of of rain, they'll cancel it (too dangerous)...and we'll simply plan it on another Friday eve ;-)
Bring your roller blades and protections or simply rent them on the spot (in which case I'd strongly advise you to come at 6.55pm to make sure you'll get a pair). Find hereunder a CP of the rental conditions:Roller rental:
You can rent roller skates for all parades in Brussels, Namur and Tirlemont from our partner Twin-Shop.
Conditions of rental
- Acceptance of the rental regulations (pertaining to the loss or damage of the equipment).
- Deposit of the identity card or a copy thereof.
- The rental service will be available 1 hour before the start of the parades.
- Every participant will be able to rent roller skates on location (as long as supplies last) and must bring the equipment back to the starting point.
- Rental of a pair of roller skates: €10
Chaussée de Waterloo, Protected content
Participation to the Roller Parade is free, the police takes care of our security, stopping traffic, blocking roads,if you are too tired or need medical care, just ask for help and you'll comfortably be taken care of in a double decker bus. Last but not least, DJ's will motivate you from the platforms of their pick-ups. Nice people, nice music, what else?
The parade starts at 8pm for beginners and finishes at 9pm approx.The route is quite flat with some soft slopes. I'm not an expert myself, so..
Do mail me here to decide where to meet, probably next to the rollers rental truck Place Poelaert.
Looking forward to share with you one of Brussels'coolests summer events!