GIS is the specialist branch of ESL Network that supports European companies, universities and NGOs with their strategic developments through conferences, seminars, projects and training programmes financed by the European Commission.
GIS has a vacancy for an intern dealing with EU-funded project management in various sectors, inter alia Energy, Environment and Innovation. The position is initially available for a six-month contract.
The requirements for the candidates are the following :
- Background in Energy, Environment, Innovation or Finance
- Experience in organising project partners’ meetings (setting agenda and follow-up, logistics); ability to work at senior level with representatives from European HEIs
- Good administrative skills
- Excellent team player and ability to work independently; strong organisational skills
- Proactive, flexible, and with a problem solving attitude; highly accurate
- Language skills: perfect command of written and spoken English and French, other languages a plus
- Strong IT skills: MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Outlook
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Project Manager.
His/her duties include the following:
- The intern will gain experience in the administrative management of EU-funded projects : contractual matters, financial management and reporting along EU rules; managing transnational consortia of EU partners and delivering project outputs
- Coordinating the work of European-wide/international project consortia (European HEIs and associations);
- Financial management of EU projects (budgets, financial reporting)
- Contracts and grant agreements (with the European Commission, withproject partners)
- Agenda setting for partners’ meetings and following up on decisions
- Report Writing: partners’ meetings, EU technical/financial interim and final reports; compiling project outcome reports
- Coordination of project events: conferences, workshops
- Project website development/updating (with support from IT experts)
- Database management
- Occasional travelling will be required for project events and partners’meetings.
To apply, send a letter of motivation (max 1 page) and a detailed CV (max 2 pages) to Spyros Afentoulidis until June 28th: Protected content