Join now

Looking for new apartment in Brussels

I am forced to move to a new apartment until end of February, since my landlady sold my apartment and the new owners plan to move in beginning of March. I am therefore looking for a nice apartment in Schaerbeek, EU quarter, Etterbeek or Woluwe St. Pierre (i.e. all communities close to the E40). Max. rent including charges Protected content - ideal date for moving would be in January or February.

I am also open to sharing a house, as long I as would get sufficient space for myself (yes, requirements develop over time). I shared apartments and houses in the past and consider myself as rather low maintenance - especially since I live in China 50% of my time.

If you happen to know something suitable, please let me know.

P.S.: I learned that Belgian law foresees different periods of notice depending on whether you have registered your rental contract or or not. I recommend everybody to register their rental contract, as this provides you with a longer period of notice (6 months) and better legal protection. Unregistered contracts may in some cases be terminated without reasons and with a period of notice of only 3 months.

Registering your contract does not cost you anything during the first 3 month after the signing of the contract and can also be done years after (for a fee of Protected content . More information on rental contracts and the legal situation in case of a change of ownership can be found in the very good brochure "La loi sur les loyers", which can be downloaded from the internet (e.g. Protected content

Brussels Forum