Another report from your "IN strike manager"...
How is the situation today, Tuesday:
- local trains: expect no trains in the Walloon part, perhaps 30% trains in the Flemish part of Belgium. In Brussels it depends on where the train is coming from. Today is a planned "national" strike, but tomorrow the "wild" strikes in the Walloon part will continue again from yesterday.
- Eurostar: should be running normally between Brussels and London but check the website
- ICE, TGV and Thalys: no service. Because there is also a strike on the French railroads on Wednesday and Thursday, expect problems all the way with Thalys.
- MIVB/STIB: all 4 metro lines are running, be it with strong delays (one train every 15 mins). A few trams (#6) and busses (#10) are running, including the 21 bus to the airport.
- De Lijn: strong delays or no busses at all (50% of the lines are not active)
- air traffic: possibility of delays but no big problems expected. Arrive extra early if possible.
- car: heavy traffic to Brussels expected and during the morning many tunnels on the small ring will be closed for manifestations.
- public services: most city halls are open, postal delivery is somewhat disturbed but still active.
Good luck everyone!