Join now

Discover different neighborhoods of Bucharest

Hi,
I know many of you who are thinking to move to Bucharest (or have already moved), have no idea about the different neighborhoods in the city. This can be frustrating when you're looking for a house or a place to live, and real estate agents try to sell you houses in places you've never heard of or seen before.

I'm a Romanian, but I've recently discovered a great way to explore the city and find out more about what different neighborhoods have to offer: the architectural walking tours organized by this guy - Valentin Mandache - an expert in historic houses: Protected content . Granted, the tours are primarily for those people interested in different architectural styles (Art Deco, Art Nouveau, etc.), but the guy explains things in a simple way, and he can do the tours in English, also (he has lived in the UK for quite some time). He has two tours the upcoming week-end: in Cotroceni and Dorobanti neighborhoods (both very posh and nice areas, but they can be very expensive, too). I recommend booking them - they cost about 35 lei (roughly 10$ or 8 euro/person), and - even if you're not into architecture - you're going to enjoy his explanations and walking around these neighborhoods. ;) (Cotroceni is my favorite neighborhood, and I'm a local).

Disclaimer: And no, I am not associated with the tour guide in any way, just thought I should let this group know about this interesting opportunity.

Cheers,
Marius

Bucharest Forum

Our Global Partners