Join now

Visiting Sinaia, Brasov and Bucharest, Romania

Hi there,

From April Protected content long Easter weekend, I will be exploring some beautiful parts of Romania. Itinerary is 2 nights in Sinaia, 2 nights in Brasov and overnight in Bucharest. History, nature, culture and photography greatly interest me. Hope someone can help me with some queries .

1) Will many historic sites, shops and restaurants be closed during the Easter weekend ?

2) What activities do you suggest for Easter that's unique to Romania?

3) Aside from the ie blouses, Romanian wine and pottery , what else can one buy that's native to Romania and where are the best places to buy these?

4) During my stay in Brasov , is it possible to do a day trip to both Sighisoara and Sibiu or should I stick to one place ? Is Bran Castle worth exploring ?

5) Sinaia! Peles castle and the monastery , for sure! Will I have time to visit the Carparhian mountains ? What do you suggest ?

6) In Bucharest, what are the most important sites to see if I only have an overnight there? Parliament will hopefully be open on Easter Sunday. Any recommendations ?

7) What other book set in Romania do you recommend I read? Have read " Under A Red Sky " and "Along The Enchanted Way" recently and "Dracula " ages ago.

I'm quite excited about my trip to Romania!

Multumesc mul.

Cheers,
Angela

Bucharest Forum

Our Global Partners