Join now

Workshop on Ayurvedic massage, Abhyanga techique (Bucharest)

Hello,
I am Emilia and I'll be hosting a workshop on Ayurvedic massage ( Protected content ) with a wonderful teacher from France, Nicolas du Chatelle, who will be speaking in English and I will translate to Romanian.

“The body of one who uses oil massage regularly does not become affected much even if subjected to accidental injuries, or strenuous work. By using oil massage daily, a person is endowed with pleasant touch, trimmed body parts and becomes strong, charming and least affected by old age”
Charaka Samhita Vol. 1, V: Protected content
(One of the Great ancient texts of Ayurveda)

Ayurveda is the traditional medicine of India and represents a holistic system that doesnt separate the body from the mind and soul, it is, in fact, an art of living. It's all about balance and the body gets sick when it's out of balance. Abhyanga massage is one of the most significant ways of restoring the equilibrium to your body and mind.

Benefits of Abhyanga massage by The Chopra Center (founded by Deepak Chopra)

1. Nourishes the entire body—decreases the effects of aging
2. Imparts muscle tone and vigor to the dhatus (tissues) of the body
3. Imparts a firmness to the limbs
4. Lubricates the joints
5. Increases circulation
6. Stimulates the internal organs of the body
7. Assists in elimination of impurities from the body
8. Moves the lymph, aiding in detoxification
9. Increases stamina
10. Calms the nerves
11. Benefits sleep—better, deeper sleep
12. Enhances vision
13. Makes hair (scalp) grow luxuriantly, thick, soft and glossy
14. Softens and smoothens skin; wrinkles are reduced and disappear
15. Pacifies Vata and Pitta and stimulates Kapha (these 3 are the main typologies in Ayurvedic medicine)

About Nicolas du Chatelle

“I have been initiated in India in Protected content the temple of kalarippayattu and ayurveda: "Hindustam Kalari Sangham" ( Protected content ) with the master Veera-Sree Sami Gurukkal. In Protected content joined the Open University of Yoga and Ayurveda, “The Tapovan center” ( Protected content ) to enrich my knowledge regarding massage treatments. In Protected content went back to the source, in South India, ( Protected content ) to learn other types of massage. I acquired a specialization in kalaripayattu massage, which is a massage done with the feet and it is derived from the traditional martial arts of India. Thus I am specialized in Ayurvedic massage and plantar reflexology which I have been practicing in many holistic centers in France and Belgium.

Price: Early Bird for an intensive class of 16 hours is Protected content 167 euro) until 18.04.2015. Afterwards, the price is Protected content Protected content

Besides Ayurvedic massage, we go into subjects like Ayurveda, Ayurvedic cooking (me and Nicolas will prepare snacks and tea for coffee breaks) yoga postures and energetic techniques to recharge your body.

For more details and registration pls contact me on emilia_o_mitroi@yahoo or Protected content .

Namaste

Bucharest Forum

Our Global Partners