Join now

Aikido Club Forming - Looking for Beginners (Budapest)

I’m looking for people who might be interested in learning the Japanese martial art of Aikido. For a description of Aikido, please see: Protected content

Before moving to Budapest almost 11 years ago, I trained for over 6 years, 6 days a week in the US with Okuyama Sensei (6th Dan). While training at my dojo I eventually became responsible for teaching the children’s classes. In my first year in Budapest I started an Aikido club but had to disband it as my work required too much time.

Last year I resumed my Aikido training at a dojo in Pest. I’d like to start a club in Buda closer to my home. My goal is to have a club where we can train 5 or 6 days a week.

I’m looking to start with beginners, so no previous Aikido or martial arts experience is required. Eventually as the club grows and has a certain number of students I would periodically invite some master teachers.

I’m not looking to make money by teaching Aikido. I would simply like to establish a place where people can learn and practice Aikido. Thus, the only cost will be the cost of the space…I’m still looking for a gym or room with mats in Buda.

If you’re interested in learning Aikido and/or know of a gym or place with mats in the 12th district, please contact me.

Budapest Forum

Our Global Partners