Community Manager (Budapest)
COMMUNITY MANAGER- Budapest
Our Partner owns a social networking site is created to help expats find new friends online and make connections at our events and Meet-ups.
We are looking for Community Managers who are the face of a company, managing
communications in both directions.
It’s a Web 2.0 communications role, incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create
relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand, both online and off.
Essential job functions
1. Foster a welcoming community for newcomers and existing users.
2. Listening to user needs and feedbacks; processing them and reporting it to the management with
suggestions. - Utilize social listening tools like Radian6 and Buzzlogic to generate insights.
Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable, client-facing reports that lead to
optimization. Interpret the direction of strategy/planning and creative leads.
Communicate and coordinate client service, production and strategy/planning teams ensuring that
community strategy supports overall brand goals and objectives.
3. Recognizing, encouraging group-leaders after interviewing - choosing group leaders for Micro-Communities, who will create content, organize meet-ups and moderate their
4. Attract new visitors to the website and the forum, and encourage membership
5. Moderation: You will serve as primary moderator and handling customer feedbacks.
6. Nurture an active user base through discussion seeding. Day-to-day maintenance of the forums.
Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to
the user’s experience. Review user generated contents, comments, posts in a quick and timely
7. Enforce the Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand.
8. Team leadership: Participate constructively in inter-department and cross-service line
1. Outspeaking/social personality
2. Writing skills – a background in journalism or experience with writing helps since you’ll be
creating content for our company. Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities
such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
3. Social media experience – experience with social media tools. Understanding of popular social
networks – design, functionality, users
4. Interest in our Social Media industry – our Community Managers need to be passionate about what
5. Experience in developing and implementing tactical plans — including inspired and moderated
solutions — that build and nurture online communities
6. Demonstrated expertise in engaging and activating community groups
7. Experience locating and engaging advocates within the community to foster dialogue
8. Experience establishing metrics, gleaning community insights and reporting/recommending
strategies that achieve marketing goals
9. Excellent communication skills and creative writing skills.
10. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and
have a burning desire to be part of a winning team where you can truly make a difference.
11. Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills. Porificiency in social listening tools
like Radian6 and Buzzlogic.
• 2 to 3 years of experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands
• Proficiency in English language.
• Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business
and/or related fields.
Application: Protected content