Join now

Help solve a crime (Budapest)

Please share and help solve a crime.

My entire camera system was stolen from a bar (Jack Doyle’s in Budapest) on Wednesday 8 March.
500 euro reward for information leading to the recovery of my equipment and/or apprehension of the thief. Photography is my sole passion and it took me years to put this system together. I am presently working only part-time and cannot afford to replace the stolen items. Please share, especially if you know anyone in either Budapest or Belgium. My only hope now is the power of social media.
The items stolen include the following: Sony A7Rii camera, Sony G 70 – 300mm zoom lens, Minolta AF 50mm 1.4 lens, Minolta Protected content 2.8/4.0 zoom, Minolta AF D 100mm 2.8 macro lens, Minolta 24 – 105mm D AF zoom lens, Minolta Protected content , Sony LE-EA3 and LA EA4 lens adapters, Lowepro Nova 3 AW camera bag, Giotto tripod etc.
The bar was not crowded at the time so there are only a few people who could have done it. I actually saw most of them leave so these people can be eliminated as suspects. After reviewing the CCTV footage from the camera outside the pub, there are only two people who can ‘help the police with their enquiries.’ One of these is Matthias (I believe that is his name). He is 23 years old and from Belgium and works in Budapest in IT. He is quite short and slim (about 1 metre 60 – 35cm), he’s got short dark brown hair and a trim (short) beard and moustache. He told me that he is half-German and that his mother (or possibly) his father is from Mönchengladbach. Please share this post. Message me if you have any information, however tenuous. Thanks for reading!

Budapest Forum

Our Global Partners