Join now

Moving to Argentina with my family (Buenos Aires)

Hola fellow members! My family and I (wife, two boys aged 11 and 6) are planning a move to Argentina from South Africa in the near future.
There are many reasons we want to do this i.e: experiencing the culture, taking in the spectacular scenery but our main goal would be to learn Spanish. We would be grateful for any advice or ideas on the following:
* We love living in smaller places - have been looking at Ushuaia and El Calafate. Any other suggestions?
* My wife will hold a TEFL certificate and intends to teach English. I want to find other work, willing to do anything. How difficult is it to find work and get the required visas?
* How much do we need to earn to take care of a family of four living in Ushuaia or El Calafate?
* Do children need study visas to enroll in elementary school? Is it commonplace for expat kids to go to local schools if they can't speak any Spanish?
* Would it be possible to live in any of these places without a vehicle and rely on public transport?
We obviously have a lot of research to do and any advice will be much appreciated.
Yours Sincerely,
Johann

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Buenos Aires Forum