Join now

Online ESL certification class (Buenos Aires)

Hi everyone! I found an awesome deal on Groupon for an online TESOL certification class Protected content for $70.

I don't know if it would be a good idea to get it or not.

Obiviously, something is a little fishy for offering a class that cheap! I tried to look for accrediations online (it is through a company called tesols.com), and I can't seem to find anything. The only thing that I could find is a thread from daveseslcafe.com and some reviews. Protected content However, the reviews seem a bit 'off' because they all seem in the same writing style. Perhaps they were fabricated?

Anyway, I did hear from people who said that the quality of the lessons was good, but basic. Also, there is not supvised teaching, so that is a negative.

However, for the price, it seems like a great way to start learning sbout ESL and 'get my foot in the door'. I am getting a degree in Spanish Education so I have some practicing in a classroom (...just not an English one. Lol).

I know several Americans who are teaching without any kind of certification, so I'm sure this course couldn't hurt? And it it is worth nothing, it isn't like I wasted hundreds of dollars.

Has anyone gone through this program? What did you think? Did it help you learn about ESL or help you get a job? Did institutes accept it?

Buenos Aires Forum