Join now

Where to get docs legalized? Moving to Mendoza (Buenos Aires)

Hi everyone,

I am moving down to Argentina in November to live in Mendoza with my Argentine boyfriend, and will also be looking for work there (or work remotely for a global company). My understanding is that I'll need to get the following in order to apply for a work visa once I find a sponsor/employer:

- A certificate of good conduct and an affidavit stating that you don’t have an international police record
- An official certified copy of your degree certificate
- birth certificate (does it need to be translated into Spanish?)

I want to get this taken care of in the U.S. before I go down.

Does anyone have advice on where to go to get my degree legalized (and does my college transcript translated into Spanish)?
Do you need to get the good conduct/affidavit through a police office, or through the consulate?

Last plug... is there a group of InterNations contacts who live in Mendoza? I would love to connect and meet people when I get there!

My degree is in International Relations and I have worked for 6 years in non-profit management, education, fundraising, marketing and communications.

Buenos Aires Forum

Our Global Partners