Business Development - Defense Industry (Cairo)
Senior Manager, International Business Development
The Raytheon International Inc. (RII) Regional Lead Investigator for MENA is responsible for identifying, maturing, and driving growth opportunities in countries in the Maghreb and Levant. The Regional Lead Investigator is responsible for business creation, strategy execution and driving Raytheon international growth objectives.
Reporting to the RII Regional Integration Director for Middle East & North Africa, the Regional Lead Investigator is located in Cairo, Egypt. U.S. Citizenship is status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Represent Raytheon to customers, stakeholders and partners. Cultivate potential Raytheon business partnerships for business initiatives, enterprise solutions and offset opportunities.
• Provide analysis and assessment of market by leveraging fact based data from direct in-country contacts or through partnering with Raytheon’s network of representatives and consultants for the countries of interest.
• Establish and maintain existing relationships and provide feedback and insights to Raytheon corporate and business unit stakeholders. Act as trusted advisor to achieve Raytheon’s international growth objectives.
• Partner with businesses and capture teams on the identification, validation, pursuit and capture of new and existing opportunities.
• Lead enterprise engagement with and participation in industry and government committees, councils and studies.
• Support RII Integration Director and International Business Development Executives across the enterprise, to develop and maintain a One Raytheon opportunity pipeline. Provide awareness across customer account teams about total Raytheon business in country.
• Act as extended member of capture team, leveraging long-term relationships and detailed customer knowledge in support of capture activity.
• Collect, analyze, disseminate and implement competitive intelligence in a timely and consistent manner.
• Facilitate enterprise approach across all in theater pursuits to drive maximized enterprise growth.
• Act as independent feedback channel in coordination with capture teams to get insight and customer feedback regarding contract negotiations and program execution.
• Provide capture and program execution teams with insights for getting business done in country with focus on customer organizations, influence maps, local industry and offset requirements.
• Facilitate resolution of customer issues by leveraging both enterprise and customer relationships; work to reinforce compliance protocols for entire integrated customer team.
• Twelve or more years in business development, programs or engineering with emphasis on experience related to customers in the region of interest.
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree
• Ability to maintain/receive a DoD Secret Level clearance
• Direct experience with North Africa/Levant customers, working relationships with senior civilian defense and military leaders, U.S. embassy teams, and regional industry representatives.
• Demonstrated performance and results related to market/opportunity analysis.
• Strong entrepreneurial instincts and business case development.
• Strong communications skills with advanced capabilities facilitating executive level access to government leaders in country, preparing briefings and white papers at the executive level, and working with the Microsoft Office suite of software
• Understanding of the regional political and military environment and an appreciation of the various cultural customs and norms in the region.
• Understanding of the procurement, fiscal and regulatory environment within the country.
• Detailed knowledge of USG security assistance and defense export control practices (Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Director Commercial Sales (DCS) including ensuring compliance with U.S. FCPA and ITAR requirements.
• Experience with FMS and DCS contracting processes.
• Understanding of offset requirements and capability and ability to translate into strategic offset opportunities.
• Strong cultural and language skills in Arabic with secondary skills in French.
• R6S certification
• Capture Management Certification
• Program Management Certification
• Former U.S. Military or Foreign Service experience in region
• Broad knowledge of Raytheon products and Services
• Master’s Degree