Join now

Coming to Cairo to do the CELTA course!

Hi All

I have previously posted on the forum as a new user and was originally looking at coming Alex with a view to doing a teaching course and getting a job there or in Cairo. Anyway, after much research I have now applied and been accepted onto the CELTA course with the British Council in Cairo...

I will be coming in August for a month initially, with a view to staying on in Egypt to work as an English teacher. So I am both nervous and excited! I am really hoping to meet up with some expats during my time there and also make friends locally of course. I think I will be living in Agouza or Zamalek but this isn't settled yet.

Anyway, I was just wandering if there are any regular meet ups in the local area which I could come along to, I won't have lots of spare time but would still be nice! Also any advice and tips on being in Cairo as a single woman. I have obviously done some research on culture etc but would still appreciate any helpful notes :)

Also has anyone done the CELTA course here as it would be great to hear from anyone who has or who works at the British Council. Thanks for reading and in advance for any response. M

Cairo Forum

Our Global Partners