Dear IN Friends,
This time "Hidden Gems" program will let you discover Kafr El Sheikh Governorate !
The aim is to give IN community from around the world the opportunity to discover Egypt's historical treasures, meet its people in different regions of the country, Learn about their customs and of their variety of its local and traditional cuisine.
So Kafr El Shekh tour will be on 08.10. Protected content follows:
* Fouah (Old mosques from Mamluk and Ottoman era)
There are many mosques:
• Al Nomeiry Mosque ( Protected content )
• Al Sheikh Shaaban Mosque ( Protected content )
• Abu Al Makarem Mosque Protected content Ottoman era)
• Hassan Nasrallah Mosque ( Protected content )
• Al Tikiya Al Khalotiya
* Ibrahim Al Disouki Mosque “from the Mamluk era”
The mosque consists the shrine of sheikh Ibrahim El Disouki and his brother Moses and it visited by thousands of Sufis every year to celebrate his moulid in October. (note this year his moulid from the 21 to 28 of October)
* St. Mary Church in Sakha “The Holy Family Path”
One of the oldest churches not only in the province but also in Egypt, where this church saw the Holy Family, Christ and the Virgin Mary. this place was a monastery, had not turned into a church after. It consists the rock that holds Jesus footprints.
For more info/reservations contact Laila : Protected content
Guards and security available!