Join now

Bored? Seeking Foreign expat tour leaders. (Calcutta)

Hi Foreign Expats of Calcutta

Please feel free to pass on to anyone suitable.

I am the founder of a new British social enterprise brand. I am based in London.

I am seeking English speaking expats who'd be happy to be freelance lead tour guides (additional foreign language skills a bonus) for my foreign travellers seeking to visit Calcutta.

From London, I help arrange group and individual tours in Calcutta. I am now seeking great, fun people who can help join them to lead the tours. My visitors are often visiting for the first time. So some hand holding and understanding of their culture is needed too.

If your application is successful, you would be added to my list of tour guide I call on when a booking comes in.

This role would suit any:
Person bored - who wants to break out and discover Calcutta!
Stay at home parent who needs a break
Graduate or Students
Retired or working professionals with spare time keen to explore more of Calcutta.
Anyone seeking extra income.
All ages welcome

You will:
Be fit and active
Be warm, sociable and love travel
Confidant to deal with groups
Be based in Calcutta
Have a valid Visa/passport
Previous experience as tour guide not essential - but need to demonstrate passion for sustainable travel.
Demonstrate the ability to empathise and connect with everyday Calcutta folks and foreign travellers a must
Be prepared to authenticate your identity
Provide professional references
have clear speaking voice with good written and spoken English.
Be available from 2 days to 16 days (but we will check your availability regularly).
Have access to computer and Skype - and have working knowledge of how to use Word, Excel and a scanner.

If you are also expats who are expat citizens and speakers of Spanish, French, Arabic, Japanese, Russian, German, Italian - feel free to get in touch.

NOTE:
I am not a traditional tour operator and run a social enterprise, where via these trips I am helping people discover the real Calcutta.

NOTE
I am not seeking local Calcutta tour guides as I already have this arranged. Sorry!

If you think you have what it takes, or want to find out more, please contact me via direct message at InterNations. Please send your CV telling me why you want to explore Calcutta plus a picture. Expect a Skype chat too for successful applicants. Also note this is a slow process. For me, it is all about finding the right people.

Thank you

Yasmin

Calcutta Forum

Our Global Partners