Hey, just moved to Calcutta a week ago. Wondering if anyone can help on the following points:
1) need afternoon in-home childcare. Does anyone have someone they have used that they could recommend? It's for a four year-old who just needs some supervision. It would be great to find someone skilled in art, language, music, dance or something like that. Or, is there an agency or service to find this kind of "semi-qualified" engilsh-speaking help?
2) There's a German community here? We are from the US but I lived in Germany a lot and my family is German so I would love to find out how to connect - maybe celebrate Oktoberfest a little late? Spreche auch Deutsch und wurde gern ein "Stammtisch" finden. Anyone want to do a Beer Garden visit this weekend to kick off Durga and wind down Oktoberfest?
3) Is there a regular place/time that people meet, hang-out, like a meet-up here for Ex-pats? If not, should there be? Interest?
4) Kid-friendliest things to do? We found the water park today - not bad!
5) Anyone gone to Bhutan? Travel Agent recos? We live in Ballygunge
Protected content if someone wants to pm me.