Join now

FREE CHORAL MUSIC PERFORMANCE IN CAMBRIDGE (Cambridge)

Hello InterNations friends!
As you can see from my profile here, I am a performer and have an interest in classical music, which I nourish by singing in the choral ensemble Cambridge Voices.

Cambridge Voices (or "CV" as we are sometimes called) is providing a full music programme for Downing Street URC (formerly St. Columba's Church on Downing Street near the John Lewis store in town centre) on SUNDAY 15 August beginning at 10:40 AM. This is part of their regular Sunday worship service, however all are welcome to attend and enjoy.

Our programme will include:
Vaughan Wiliams "the Old 100th Psalm"
Bach "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"
Durufle "Notre Pere"
and many others!

Cambridge Voices was founded nearly 35 years ago by French Composer Maurice Durufle, his wife and CV's onlyand ever director Ian DeMassini. We typically travel to Paris every 15 August to perform in Durufle's church, St Etienne Dumont for his children, grandchildren and community--and have the distinction of being the ONLY English choir permitted to do so--but this year (as in Protected content are sadly unable to make this journey.

I invite anyone who reads this who may be interested in hearing some gorgeous music sung in Downing Street URC's incredible new performance space to join us on Sunday 15 August at 10:40 AM. The service starts at 11:00 (there is an organ and choral prelude to kick things off) and ends at 12:15 PM.

There will be a buffet and drinks served after the service in the Church Hub or their gardens (TBD).

Hope you'll stop by and say hello. I am fairly new to this group and would love to meet new faces.

Cambridge Forum

Our Global Partners