Join now

Living with a local for 2 weeks in the Canaries (Tenerife)

Does anyone know of any schemes or programmes running in the canaries that would allow someone to stay with a local for 7 to 14 days so they'd really get a chance to see what everyday life there is like?

I've been a long time member of sites such as CouchSurfing where you usually stay with a local for a few days and gained over Protected content references on there over a five year period.

But I'd really like to stay with a native or expat for a bit longer whilst making myself useful. Either helping them with their English, creating a website or mobile phone app for their business, helping organise something (I've run over Protected content in London over the last 5 years) .. I'm not looking to get paid .. I'm much more interested in the experience and having the chance to spend time with someone who can really give me an insider's insight into what life in the Canaries might be like.

I went to Fuerteventura in Protected content really loved it out there. Great weather and living by the sea has always been a dream of mine.

I'd really like to get a sense of what it might be like to live in such a place and of course sample what each of the different islands has to offer.

Perhaps people on here know of some schemes I've not come across before.

For example I did two English teaching programmes in Spain and Poland for a week each where I helped people learn English in exchange for room and board, perhaps there's something similar on one of the islands? or perhaps there's something similar to CouchSurfing on the islands but for slightly longer stays.

If anyone has any suggestions then that would be great.

Tenerife Forum

Our Global Partners