Join now

Historian Seeking Expats: Oral History Interviews (Cancún)

Hello!
I am a doctoral student from the United States looking to perform an historical study of Cancún. I am looking for residents of Cancún who would be interested in speaking about the historical formation of Cancún as a city from a variety of perspectives. I am looking for male and female expatriates who may have relevant information related to the development of the tourism industry in Cancún. All participants must be at least 18 years of age to participate. All participants must consent to digital audio recordings of all interviews which may later be used by the interviewer in print and oral publication. Participants must inform the interviewer before the interview begins if they wish to remain confidential. If you or anyone you know would be interested in participating in this study, please email Tracy at Protected content or call Protected content soon as possible, as I will only be available to conduct interviews through August 5. Participants may present local Mexican contact Lorena Careaga Viliesid with questions through email at Protected content or Protected content . Thank you for participating!

Best,
Tracy Butler

This project has been reviewed by the University of Houston Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects Protected content .

Cancún Forum