Our client is looking for a Trainee Investment Analyst
The main purpose of this position is to research and analyse shares listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in order to identify investment opportunities from which Portfolio Managers can make decisions thereby adding value to clients’ portfolios.
The objectives of this role include:
- To provide possible buy-list options to Portfolio Managers by applying the Allan Gray investment philosophy and identifying suitable investment opportunities.
- To improve the quality of Portfolio Managers decision-making process by developing detailed valuation and earnings models on appropriate shares.
- To facilitate the buy-list compilation by generating a written report for the Policy Group that is based on his/her research findings and workings.
- To ensure continuity of research and knowledge management by maintaining accurate and detailed records of research used in the identification of investment opportunities
This position will be based in Cape Town.
The perfect candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Should have completed a Chartered Accounting (SA qualification) with articles, or B. Bus. Sci (with Accountancy and Finance) degree
- a minimum of 2 years consulting or financial services experience
- No investment-related work experience is required
If you have an Engineering degree, a minimum of 2 years work experience in this field is required.
Well-developed analytical skills, excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) as well as very good MS Office skills (especially Excel) will complete your profile.
Only South African citizens must apply.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click on Protected content