Join now

A CALL OUT TO THE AMEMB IN CARACAS (Caracas)

I will preface by saying I m an old git. Old people have health issues. Having a scary-painful issue in a city where you have no friends or family can be off-putting at best, specially when you think the end is nigh.
I first tried dealing with my company's "expat in trouble, we do everything for you" insurer. What that got me was talking to call center operators half a world away and about an hour's worth of wasted time.
Then I remembered I had met a couple of impressive young people associated with the embassy at our last get together and while I was not going to bother them, it triggered "call the Embassy". A Marine answered, after my brief story, within two minutes I was talking to the Post Medical Officer, an ACTUAL Doctor who heard my story, explored by health background, gave me sound advise and pointed me to a Hospital which I could get myself to. It is now some days later. Was in the hospital some days, visited an operating room and was discharged, last Friday. THAT is what being a U.S. Citizen can mean. I remained in touch with the Embassy doctor and I will be forever thankful to him personally and to our government.
Cheers
Andres

Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners
Offers from our Partners

Caracas Forum