Permanent Spanish Tutor Wanted in Cardiff
We are The Spanish Academy, a Spanish tuition academy based in Cardiff looking for a permanent, part-time Spanish tutor to join our small but dedicated team.
The position is for a self-employed tutor to teach private one-to-one Spanish classes, at our city centre location. You will be tutoring all levels of Spanish, including Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced, GCSE, A level, intensive, business and children’s Spanish. We have a nice variety of students which makes the job interesting!
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Degree educated
- Experience of teaching Spanish or a native Spanish speaker
- Experience in tutoring students on an individual, one-to-one basis
- Very good command of the English language, minimum B2 level
- Up-to-date knowledge of language teaching methods and techniques
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a bright, fun personality to engage with students
- Competent in IT and administrative skills
- Quick to respond to student and management enquiries
- Eligible to work in the UK on a self-employment basis
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Knowledge of the British examination boards (eg. WJEC, Eduqas, AQA, Edexcel) would be an advantage
- A valid DBS check
- We pride ourselves in providing excellent customer service to our students, so you must be professional with your teaching and timekeeping, engaging, quick to respond and attentive to detail.
You will be expected to be available to tutor in the afternoons and evenings, Monday to Friday as well as some mid-morning and weekend classes (if you can). There will be ample opportunities for regular classes every week.
Training will take place immediately and the start date is Monday 9th April, possibly earlier.
If you meet the above criteria and feel you are suitable, please get in touch.