Junior Community Support SpecialistApply now
About the Role
- take ownership for shaping our community, define and enforce our community guidelines and policies
- provide individual support and guidance in English to more than 3.5 million members in 420 cities through multiple channels, including, but not limited to, email and messaging (i.e. social media)
- assist our members with payment inquiries and complaints
- identify and investigate breaches of our community guidelines, take appropriate actions
- report bugs and issues that inhibit the user experience, consolidate and deliver feedback on continuous improvements to Product Teams
- gather and apply experience to identify knowledge gaps and maintain public knowledge bases or improve the member communication
- track forum activity on the platform and address sensitive or potentially offensive content
- identify opportunities for operational efficiency and support cross-functional projects to optimize the user experience of our members
You meet the following requirements:
- career starter or 1+ years’ experience in areas such as Customer Support, Online Operations, Community Management (or equivalent)
- fluency in written and spoken English is essential (additional languages are a plus)
- passion for helping people and user-centric mindset
- affinity for social networking applications and platforms
- tech-savviness, analytical-thinking, and problem-solving experience
- communicative, assertive, reliable, and calm under pressure
- open, collaborative, and a team player who enjoys working in an international environment
Are you the right one for the job?
Send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
Please note: We can only accept applications from those who already hold a valid work permit for Germany.
If you want to know more about what working at InterNations is like, just have a look at our corporate blog!
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3 million members in 420 cities around the world, regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information, InterNations is the biggest global network for people who live and work abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world each and every day. With a team from around 40 countries, we believe in the benefits of international experience, cultural exchange, and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing and learning, coming up with new ways for our members to feel more at home, meet other international people, and enjoy their stay abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Maresme in Spain
- weekly team breakfast, coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.