Senior UI DesignerApply now
About the Role
As a UI Designer at InterNations, you will:
- define visual interfaces that translate and extend the defined wireframes and ux specifications
- translate business challenges into conversion-oriented interfaces
- work through design challenges from a deep understanding of the user-problem and user needs
- translate insights from research and data into design ideas for improvements and new features
- be part of a collaborative and international team in an agile environment
You meet the following requirements:
- university degree in digital design, communications design, multimedia or related fields.
- a minimum of 5 years of experience in UI design
- strong portfolio demonstrating your experience in user interface design
- familiar with Agile methodologies and iterative development
- experience building design systems and working with them to develop web and app products.
- proficiency in Sketch, Zeplin, InVision and other visual design and wireframing tools
- proficient use of English; written and spoken
Are you the right one for the job?
Send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
If you’d like to know more about what working at InterNations is like, just have a look at our corporate blog — for example this post featuring our Porto office.
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3.6 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Maresme in Spain
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.