(Senior) Mobile Apps EngineerApply now
About the Role
As a part of the greater engineering organization, you will lead and take part in cross-team initiatives: architectural changes, refactoring, and the establishment of best practices. You will be mentoring less experienced colleagues and support their growth, familiarity with app development, and software engineering best practices.
What we are looking for:
- Strong experience developing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining native iOS and Android applications
- Experience building applications using React Native or React
- Experience with automated testing, be it unit-, functional- and/or acceptance testing
- A passion for software engineering best practices in a SCRUM/agile environment
What we value:
- User testing, experimentation, automated testing and continuous integration to gain meaningful feedback for what we do
- Bettering our skills, teaching each other and learning ways to build better software
- Sharing knowledge and experience within the organization and in the community
Technologies we use: React Native, iOS/Android, Flow, Redux, Redux-Saga, Jest
More information about our apps:
If you would like to see more information about how we build with React Native at InterNations, you can watch this presentation.
Then start the conversation by sending us your application (CV and cover letter) today. Tell us about past projects you have contributed to and are proud of. We’d also like to hear about what kind of work environment you thrive in and which technologies you find interesting right now.
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3.6 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Maresme in Spain
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- a relocation package to support your move to Munich
- annual internal hackathon
- a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.