Marketing & Communications InternApply now
About the Role
As a Marketing & Communications Intern at InterNations, you will:
- write, edit, and fact-check various types of content:
- monthly articles on our community life across the world
- data-driven analyses of our annual expat survey
- engaging articles on the expat lifestyle to be shared in our newsletter
and on social media
- compelling marketing and product copy
- curate external content to share with our social media audience
- engage with our social media audience through comments and direct messages
learn how to work with our company style guide
- choose brand-compliant photos for your articles
- gain experience publishing articles using Drupal, our content management system (CMS)
- learn about the inner workings of other areas of the business during regular department exchanges and trainings
- have the opportunity to work with other interns on company-wide projects
- availability for 6–12 months (various start dates)
- native-speaker level written and spoken English
- fine attention to detail
- good research skills
- interest (and ideally experience) in writing content for online audiences
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
If you want to know more about what an internship at InterNations is like, just have a look at our corporate blog — featuring, for example, an intern’s personal experience in the Content & Communications Team!
With over 4.5 million members in 420 cities worldwide, InterNations is the largest global community for people who live and work abroad. InterNations offers global and local networking and socializing, both online and face-to-face. At around 6,000 events and activities per month, expatriates can meet other global minds and pursue their interests. Members can also find and exchange tips and information on life abroad through discussion forums and helpful articles based on personal expat experiences. Membership is by approval only to ensure quality and trust in our community. InterNations is part of New Work SE, a group of brands that offer products and services for a better working life.
Although we have office in Munich, Germany, we're a remote-first company. All team members are free to work anywhere in Europe — from home, the office, or a combination of both. You can read more about InterNations becoming a remote-first company in our company blog.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a centrally located office in Munich
- the possibility to work fully remote anywhere in Europe
- support with your visa application
- an ongoing sustainability initiative — we’re a climate-neutral company
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team bonding events to connect our team members wherever they are
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared toward bringing out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have lots of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. All team members can work remotely anywhere in Europe, or from our Munich office. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, especially in a remote setting, you can look forward to coffee lotteries, language tandems, department exchanges, and regular team-bonding activities.