Public Relations InternApply now
About the Role
How do you catch the media’s attention? How do you weave corporate news into a story that will engage journalists and their readers? How do you communicate internally to keep all employees informed and engaged? These are the challenges the InterNations Corporate Communications Team tackles on a global scale every day. As a Public Relations intern you will identify and contact relevant media outlets around the world, keep track of published articles, and support with internal communication. If you’re creative, outgoing, and looking for a challenge, we want to hear from you.
As a Public Relations Intern at InterNations, you will:
- gain valuable experience in international PR and internal communications
- learn how to develop press materials, such as press releases, fact sheets, case studies, interviews, and more
- get in touch with key publications around the world, answer press requests, and pitch stories with support from experienced PR professionals
- collaborate on projects, such as the Expat Insider survey, one of the most extensive expat studies in the world
- be responsible for international media monitoring and reporting
- learn industry software, such as Cision, to maintain a database of journalists
- work with interns from all departments on regular intern-led projects that have an impact on the company’s performance, such as developing and creating the app-store video
- university student of any discipline
- the internship is a compulsory part of your course of studies
- available for a period of six to twelve months
- professional fluency in written and spoken English
- outgoing and proactive personality; strong writing and communication skills
- ability to work independently; to be reliable and motivated
- experience abroad and cross-cultural proficiency desired
- practical experience with MS Office and internet applications
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
Please note: We can only accept applications from those who must complete an internship for a minimum of 6 months as part of their degree. Although we’re based in Munich, Germany, we are remote-first: all of our colleagues are free to work from home, the office, or a combination of both.
If you want to know more about what working at InterNations is like, take a look at our corporate blog!
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 4.2 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Sicily in Italy
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.