Junior Data EngineerApply now
About the Role
As a Junior Data Engineer at InterNations, you will:
- extend and refine our data warehouse;
- develop new ETL processes and improve existing ones;
- monitor and visualize data;
- optimize performance;
- work on various data engineering and data science projects.
You meet the following requirements:
- university student of mathematics, computer science, economics, business, or related studies;
- ability to work diligently and without distractions;
- very good knowledge of SQL (ideally MySQL);
- understanding of data warehouse design principles;
- familiarity with stored procedures, triggers, functions;
- knowledge of ETL processes (and tools like Pentaho Data Integration);
- very good to fluent written and spoken English;
- experience abroad and cross-cultural proficiency desired;
- strong “can do” mentality.
You ideally also have:
- first experience with data science;
- knowledge of Python.
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team;
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas;
- regular workshops about work-related topics and soft skills;
- weekly team breakfasts, fresh fruit, and regular team events.
Are you the right one for the job?
Send your application (CV and cover letter) today!
If you’d like to know more about what working at InterNations is like, check out our official blog — for example, this interview with a senior member of our Business Intelligence Team.
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3.8 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Sicily in Italy
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.