Advertising Sales Manager (Corporate Partnerships)Apply now
About the Role
About the Department
The Corporate Partnerships Team is responsible for advertising our partners expat products and services to InterNations members through targeted marketing solutions. We sell, create, and deploy both email marketing and display advertising campaigns.
As an Advertising Sales Manager at InterNations, you will:
- take on a sales portfolio and be the clients’ main point of contact;
- actively source new business and nurture your existing key accounts to ensure you reach the sales targets assigned to your portfolio. You’ll benefit from inbound leads but will also need to actively prospect your own leads within your assigned industries.
- take responsibility for processing all of our inbound sales leads and, with the support of a sales intern, ensure they are distributed to the correct sales portfolios;
- employ a consultative selling approach via email, phone, and in person presentations;
- partner with the Account & Operations Manager within your portfolio to collaborate on account strategy and present proposals, reports, and analysis to enhance campaign success and mitigate customer churn risk;
- serve as a trusted advisor with local and global clients to optimize their repeat booking potential;
- understand, analyze, and explain performance data while also managing realistic performance expectations;
- maintain a proactive awareness and understanding of the online marketing eco-system including latest industry trends;
- help organize and work with an extensive CRM system — Salesforce;
- work closely with the Product Team and promote new ways to enhance the ad sales offering;
- devise individual campaign packages suiting the needs of the client;
- work with a diverse range of businesses from multiple industries;
- deal with a wide range of different stakeholders and decision makers from marketing managers through to C-level decision makers.
You meet the following requirements:
- university degree in business, marketing, or similar
- minimum 3–4 years of sales and business development experience
- excellent project management, time management, and organizational skills
- relevant internet / advertising and media sales industry experience
- native level written and spoken English
- extremely organized, quick, and strong attention to detail
- experience abroad and cross-cultural proficiency desired
- practical experience with MS Office and internet applications
- entrepreneurial spirit and solution-oriented attitude
- strong technical affinity and analytical capabilities
- proven presentation and telephone skills
- experience actively prospecting new sales leads
- strong problem solving and objection handling abilities
- 2+ years of experience managing global key accounts with multiple stakeholders
- passion for working in an environment of change
- experience working with marketing agencies
- knowledge of how internet advertising technology works and the ability to explain it in ordinary terms
- experience of using insights to drive commercial success
- expertise of digital media and managing large advertising budgets and campaigns
- previous experience working with Salesforce would be an advantage
- exposure to and knowledge of Google Ad Manager and Google Analytics
Are you the right one for the job?
Send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
With over 4.7 million members in 420 cities worldwide, InterNations is the largest global community for people who live and work abroad. InterNations offers global and local networking and socializing, both online and face-to-face. At around 6,000 events and activities per month, expatriates can meet other global minds and pursue their interests. Members can also find and exchange tips and information on life abroad through discussion forums and helpful articles based on personal expat experiences. Membership is by approval only to ensure quality and trust in our community. InterNations is part of New Work SE, a group of brands that offer products and services for a better working life.
Although we have office in Munich, Germany, we're a remote-first company. All team members are free to work anywhere in Europe — from home, the office, or a combination of both. You can read more about InterNations becoming a remote-first company in our company blog.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a centrally located office in Munich
- the possibility to work fully remote anywhere in Europe
- support with your visa application
- an ongoing sustainability initiative — we’re a climate-neutral company
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team bonding events to connect our team members wherever they are
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared toward bringing out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have lots of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. All team members can work remotely anywhere in Europe, or from our Munich office. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, especially in a remote setting, you can look forward to coffee lotteries, language tandems, department exchanges, and regular team-bonding activities.