Content Team LeadApply now
About the Role
In line with our mission of making expat life a great experience, we have built a digital platform, powered by an extensive global network of expert relocation partners, with whom we help individuals, families, and small companies to relocate. We provide an answer to essential relocation needs in a single place. We now want you — a Content Team Lead — to help us further evolve our platform and offering, By extension you will help anyone who wants to move abroad achieve their dreams.
You will be part of a team which develops our content offering, whether applied to short marketing endeavors or long-form relocation guides. Together with our brand, product, marketing, and sales teams, you will help shape our platform by creating content that is relevant to our future customers, and partners.
As a Content Team Lead at InterNations GO! your core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify information needs related to international relocation and prioritize content production accordingly based on business objectives and input from other team leads.
- Lead your team on the development of content strategy as appropriate to different channels and guide them throughout its implementation.
- Direct the content production process in the most efficient and effective manner, with the ability and experience to scale your in-house team with external freelance resources as necessary.
- Ensure high quality standards for all the content to be published on the platform and external channels.
- Write informative and engaging international relocation content to be used in newsletters, reports, and social media, whenever your team needs additional production support.
You meet the following requirements:
- Three years minimum experience in a leading content management position.
- Proven project/process management skills demonstrated through previous roles.
- Proven people management experience demonstrated through previous roles.
- Good understanding of content writing for web, SEO content performance, and content marketing effectiveness.
- Native-level English language use, excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Supreme attention to detail
- Prone to take the initiative and able to work independently.
- Experience within the international relocation, travel or hospitality industries is ideal.
- Experience managing external content contributors.
- A team player.
- A natural leader.
- Cross-culturally aware, ideally an expat yourself.
- Committed to deliver excellence within your field of action, taking pride in what you do every day.
- A self-starter, prone to take the initiative.
- Flexible and willing to walk the extra mile as necessary, helping InterNations GO! succeed and make a positive difference in the life of many.
It is an exciting time to join us. We are growing our team in the beautiful city of Porto, working in an open warehouse in Matosinhos (as soon as we resume activities after the quarantine). Our office is a short walk away from the beach, with the best surfing and seafood available in town. We enjoy the perks of flexible and remote working arrangements, private health insurance, free language classes, annual trips overseas, and a monthly food allowance. As part of an industry disruptive start-up you can make a difference. You will help us build a service platform that makes relocation attainable for individuals. Surrounded by globally minded professionals, you will join an environment where your career challenges grow more exciting by the minute.
If you believe you are the best candidate for this position, we will be happy to receive your application (CV and a succinct cover letter) today!
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3.9 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Sicily in Italy
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.