Marketing and Communications LeadApply now
About the Role
If you are an enthusiastic leader, with a proactive, hands-on approach to Marketing and Communications, who can balance big-picture thinking, research, and attention to detail, we have the perfect job for you!
InterNations GO! is a relocation service company started by InterNations, the largest global network for expats. Born from the challenging relocation experience of a community of nearly 4 million expats, we founded InterNations GO! to solve the common problems that expats encounter when moving and living abroad.
In line with our mission of making expat life a great experience, we are building a services platform to help individuals and families relocate. We provide an answer to their relocation needs in a single place. We now want you, a Marketing and Communications Lead, to help us build and grow that answer.
You will play a key role in the development of strategic marketing and communication plans for our digital brand. You will have senior experience formulating marketing plans for digital products and services, and a clear understanding of how to make those plans come to life through brand and marketing content.
These include but are not limited to:
- Understand and develop strategic marketing plans for digital channels, content formulas, content calendars, content and marketing campaign concepts, digital marketing campaign briefs, return-on-investment calculations.
- Support the development of our overall marketing strategy through high-quality content and copywriting production, in line with the evolution of our business.
- Co-create, lead, and participate in the development of our content marketing efforts.
- Lead the content team.
- Lead the development of content for advertising and social media campaigns.
- Define and implement the customer journey, segmentation and CRM plans.
- Oversee and participate in web content and copywriting production.
- Lead the development of PR content in support of the brand and business evolution.
- Proactively plan and engage in brand outreach activities.
- Coordinate content marketing projects from start to finish.
- Support sales and lead generation efforts through content and copywriting production.
- Expertise: Defining personas (target audience segments), developing written assets for marketing campaigns to influence these targets. Delivering creative marketing content programs that result in customer acquisition, retention, while meeting aggressive revenue targets. You have outstanding communication skills.
- Strong Conceptual Thinking: Capability to ideate and think creatively about the future of relocation services. Ability to craft a unique brand and marketing content experience which disrupts the industry and helps to strengthen the positioning of InterNations GO! within this market. Deep understanding of customer needs, and ability to tailor our content to meet them.
- Analytical Ability: Data drives our decision making. You need to be able to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. You have outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills, and a senior understanding of data, analytics, metrics, and statistics.
- Business Instincts: A natural curiosity and drive to ask questions. A deep understanding of how companies prosper, and mastery at ensuring we operate as effectively and efficiently as possible. Understanding the holistic need for quality, in balance with cost control, and operational complexity when planning content programs. Ability to measure the success of every strategic marketing and content effort. You are performance and results oriented.
- Enterprising Mindset: Work to continuously improve our brand, our business, and our communications. Quickly grasp how we use brand and marketing content to engage with our customers. Ability to manage ambiguity, shifting priorities, and concurrent deadlines. Ability to manage and train the content team to perform at its best within these constrains. You have a start-up mindset.
- Technical Know-How: Significant experience, and an intuitive approach for the way digital products work, and how they are conceived. Deep understanding of customer behavior and how to shape our marketing and content keeping this in mind.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, literature, or journalism.
- Graduate degree in marketing highly preferred.
- Proven experience managing multi-channel brand and content marketing projects from start to finish.
- Proven experience managing teams.
- Expert use of the English language, written and spoken.
- Experience with SEM, CRM, Google Analytics, email, and social media campaigns.
- Technical knowledge of marketing automation platforms.
- Experience working with expats is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, and team-work skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- International professional experience highly preferred.
It is an exciting time to join us. We are growing our team in the beautiful city of Porto, working in an open warehouse in Matosinhos, a short walk away from the beach, with the best surfing and seafood in town. We enjoy the perks of flexible and remote working arrangements, private health insurance, language classes, annual trips overseas, and a monthly food allowance. As part of an industry disruptive start-up you can make a difference. You will help us build a service platform that makes relocation attainable for individuals, enabling them to follow their dreams. Surrounded by globally minded professionals, you will join an environment where your career challenges grow more exciting by the minute.
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3.9 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Sicily in Italy
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.