Community Support (Customer Service) Working StudentApply now
About the Role
Support coverage on weekends.
Ever wonder what it takes to keep a social network up and running? As part of the Community Support Team, you’ll be the interface between the people who use InterNations and the developers who create it. The Community Support Team helps the rest of the company understand our members’ perspective and are advocates for the member experience.
The team is the gateway to our network, reviewing all incoming applications against our membership criteria. As part of the Community Support Team, you will ensure the ongoing satisfaction of our ever-expanding member base and provide regular support coverage during the weekends and on public holidays — a minimum of 20 hours a month are required. You will work from home with a high level of flexibility and independence and you will need to come to the office only for the weekly trainings. You will respond to questions on how to make the most of InterNations — the requests could be as simple as a forgotten password or as tricky as a bug on the website. However, with on-the-job training and email templates, you’ll be able to answer all the questions that come your way!
As a Community Support (Customer Service) Working Student you will:
- provide customer support to our members and answer emails in English, such as helping members with technical difficulties and answering questions on how to use the InterNations website and app
- collect member feedback to share internally with the team
- assist in creating or upgrading our templates and FAQs
- act as the gatekeeper for our community by monitoring registrations
- draft measures to improve customer loyalty and engagement to drive growth
- support other Community Engagement teams over the weekend and monitor incoming activities on our live platform
You meet the following requirements:
- university student of any field of study
- excellent written and spoken English
- availability during weekends and on public holidays
- good computer skills and experience with internet applications
- strong communication, empathy, and diplomacy skills
- experience with online communities is a plus!
- experience abroad and cross-cultural proficiency desired
- practical experience with MS Office and Internet applications
- interest and fascination for Web 2.0 applications and social communities
Are you the right one for the job?
Send your application (CV and cover letter) today!
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 4 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Sicily in Italy
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.