System AdministratorApply now
About the Role
As a System Administrator at InterNations, you will:
- be responsible for the administration of the server and network systems required for the operation of the InterNations website
- oversee the setup and monitoring of our servers, backups, and network connections
- implement patches and required changes across all relevant systems
- continuously work on improvements to the runtime environment of the InterNations website and suggest changes to the setup when required
- work in close collaboration with the DevOps Engineers in an international and intercultural team environment
- 3+ years of experience with administration of Linux OS (Debian), MS server experience is a plus
- experience with the administration of MySQL/MariaDB
- knowledge of backup principles and processes
- deep understanding of network principles: TCP/IP stack, HTTP/S, DNS
- good understanding of firewall administration: iptables, pfSense, FortiGate
- fluent in both written and spoken English (German knowledge is a plus)
- quick learner with ability to self-teach and dig through documentation
- strong analytical skills
Are you the right one for the job?
Then send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
If you want to know more about what working at InterNations is like, just have a look at our corporate blog!
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 4.1 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Sicily in Italy
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.