Corporate Communications Team Lead (1 year parental leave cover)Apply now
About the Role
As a Team Lead Corporate Communications at InterNations, you will:
- Develop and implement global communication strategies, PR campaigns, and internal communication initiatives
- Plan, supervise, and approve the creation of press releases and other press materials
- Handle press requests and coordinate interviews
- Connect and establish good working relationships with journalists/editors around the world
- Monitor and analyze our media coverage and build on these learnings for future campaigns
- Supervise content creation for our blog to support our corporate positioning and employer branding
- Maintain a working crisis response system and act as media spokesperson and advisor in crisis situations
- Ensure our internal communication is inclusive and engaging for an international team distributed across several locations
- Collaborate with upper management to ensure timely and transparent communication of strategic and operational decisions
- Provide hands-on support for the organization of monthly all-hands meetings in a remote setting
- Support with group-wide internal communication efforts
- Lead a team of two full-time employees (plus interns), providing professional guidance and managing performance
- Develop and implement annual roadmaps, quarterly OKRs, and project plans for your team
You meet the following requirements:
- University degree in public relations, media, communications, journalism, or similar
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a PR agency or the communications department of a fast-moving company
- Good understanding and judgement of the international media landscape, ideally with an established network of news and lifestyle journalists/editors in different countries (DACH region in particular)
- Proven project / campaign management skills; leadership experience a plus
- A hands-on, can-do attitude combined with a strategic mind-set
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive with an outgoing personality
- Cross-cultural proficiency and experience working in an international team
- Proficient in written and spoken English and German (additional language skills are a bonus)
Are you the right one for the job?
Send us your application (CV and cover letter) today!
If you’d like to know more about the position, the team, and our corporate culture, have a look at this interview with a previous team lead on our company blog.
With over 4.5 million members in 420 cities worldwide, InterNations is the largest global community for people who live and work abroad. InterNations offers global and local networking and socializing, both online and face-to-face. At around 6,000 events and activities per month, expatriates can meet other global minds and pursue their interests. Members can also find and exchange tips and information on life abroad through discussion forums and helpful articles based on personal expat experiences. Membership is by approval only to ensure quality and trust in our community. InterNations is part of New Work SE, a group of brands that offer products and services for a better working life.
Although we have office in Munich, Germany, we're a remote-first company. All team members are free to work anywhere in Europe — from home, the office, or a combination of both. You can read more about InterNations becoming a remote-first company in our company blog.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a centrally located office in Munich
- the possibility to work fully remote anywhere in Europe
- support with your visa application
- an ongoing sustainability initiative — we’re a climate-neutral company
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team bonding events to connect our team members wherever they are
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared toward bringing out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have lots of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. All team members can work remotely anywhere in Europe, or from our Munich office. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, especially in a remote setting, you can look forward to coffee lotteries, language tandems, department exchanges, and regular team-bonding activities.