Business Analytics ManagerApply now
About the Role
As a Business Analytics Manager at InterNations, you will:
- create data models and interactive reports with custom DAX measures in Power BI
- prepare, analyze and visualize data to generate insights from it
- collaborate closely with other teams
- perform analyses to enable other departments to take decisions and to find optimization potential
- work with the data warehouse and report databases on independent projects
- contribute in the development of our BI landscape
You meet the following requirements:
- at least 2 years' work experience in a similar field
- advanced experience with Power BI, writing complex DAX and creating data models
- good knowledge of databases and SQL (ideally MySQL)
- first experiences with python
- degree in business, economics, computer science, mathematics or related studies
- ability to work independently as well as coordinate in a team
- very good to fluent written and spoken English
You ideally also have:
- good knowledge of Excel
- experience in A/B testing and statistical methods
- worked with ETL pipelines (we are using Pentaho kettle)
- good knowledge of Google Analytics
- experience abroad and cross-cultural proficiency
Where we work: Although we’re based in Munich, Germany, our entire staff works across Europe. We are remote-first: all of our colleagues are free to work from home, the office, or elsewhere—or even a combination of those. We only ask that you join us from Europe.
Are you the right one for the job?
Send your application (CV and cover letter) today!
If you’d like to get a first impression of our Business Intelligence Team, here’s an interview with one of your future colleagues, who discusses the tasks and responsibilities from the data engineering perspective.
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 4.2 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Sicily in Italy
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.