Senior Product ManagerApply now
About the Role
In line with our mission of making expat life a great experience, we are building a services platform to help individuals and families relocate. We provide an answer to their relocation needs in a single place.
- Vision: Sensitive to customer requirements with an eye for business opportunities, you will help build your team’s roadmap and improve our product features with your insights. The context you provide will help your team to understand and achieve their goals.
- Guide: Your collaborative approach and your ability to ask the right questions in the right way keeps the team on track. While your team focuses on outcomes, engineering focuses on how we get there. You help bring these two tracks together.
- Champion: A strong communicator, you can explain not only what we’re doing and how, but also why. You build cohesion by making sure other teams understand the goals behind your projects.
- Intellectual horsepower: You can think on your feet and successfully tackle tough problems.
- Results-driven: You relish challenges and have a strong natural instinct to finish what you start.
- Passion for learning: You have the ability, curiosity, and motivation to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Collaborative: You always seek to build bridges and find win-win scenarios, earning the trust of others. You have a natural ability to bring people together.
- Data-driven: You believe the path to the best solution begins by asking ‘why?’. You can quickly ascertain which data you do and don’t need, and then use it to inform your decisions. You quickly and competently assess the data at hand, and enjoy working with numbers.
- Growth mindset: You are passionate about being part of a fast-growing start-up and “making it happen”.
- a minimum of four years in product management roles, with multiple web or mobile projects executed from concept to release
- strong working knowledge of multi-platform user experience practices, challenges, and solutions
- excellent project management and execution skills across the full development cycle
- strong understanding of usability and user-centric design practices with high attention to detail
It is an exciting time to join us. We are growing our team in the beautiful city of Porto, working in an open warehouse in Matosinhos, a short walk away from the beach, with the best surfing and seafood in town. We enjoy the perks of flexible and remote working arrangements, private health insurance, language classes, annual trips overseas, and a monthly food allowance. As part of an industry disruptive start-up you can make a difference. You will help us build a service platform that makes relocation attainable for individuals, enabling them to follow their dreams. Surrounded by globally minded professionals, you will join an environment where your career challenges grow more exciting by the minute.
If you believe you are the best candidate for this position, we will be happy to receive your application (CV and cover letter) today!
At InterNations, we’re dedicated to making expat life a great experience! With more than 3.9 million members in 420 cities, InterNations is the biggest global community for expats. We offer regular local events, interest-based groups, and useful information to help our members feel at home abroad. What started as an idea over ten years ago is now changing the lives of expats and global minds around the world every day. With team members from around 50 countries, we believe in the benefits of cultural exchange and the power of bringing people together. Together we’re constantly growing, learning, and coming up with new ways for our members to meet other international people and enjoy life abroad.
Benefits of working at InterNations:
- a growing, dynamic company with an international team
- a friendly atmosphere and the space to pursue your ideas
- a centrally located office in Munich and an office near the beach in Porto
- support with your visa application
- 28 paid vacation days + special paid leave
- the option to take a sabbatical after 3 years with InterNations
- part-time work contracts possible
- Albatross Membership for team members and their partners
- XING Premium membership
- regular team events and trips. Last year we brought the whole company to Sicily in Italy
- a weekly team breakfast, plus coffee, fresh fruit, in-house yoga sessions, and gym discounts (depending on location)
- regular workshops, training sessions, cross-departmental projects & exchanges
- annual internal hackathon and a culture fostering open-source contributions
At InterNations, you’ll be working in a friendly atmosphere geared to bring out your creativity and independence. With our flat organizational structure, you’ll have a lot of room to pursue your own ideas. If you’re a working parent, you’ll find the flexibility you need to support your work-life balance. Start your work week off on the right foot with a weekly team breakfast and get your creative juices going with a free flow of coffee. When inspiration strikes, bounce around new ideas over a game of table football. And as we value building strong connections between our team members, you can look forward to a regular lunch lottery, language tandems, and an annual team-building activity.